A Few Hours Can Go a Long Way
It’s no secret that spending a few hours beautifying your house can go a long way toward a quick sale at top dollar. Taking the time now to look at several key areas will result in a dramatic increase in serious buyers.
For an inside look at what Home Inspectors typically find in a home inspection, check out the “Top 10 Most Common HITS on a HOME INSPECTION.”
These few steps are a must for any home seller to follow:
- Take a walk through your house with a “buyer’s” perspective. Is the house warm and inviting, or does it look run-down, old, and cluttered? Is the front entrance clean, painted and does it make the best first impression?
- Touch-up paint in all rooms. If the existing paint is especially unsightly, paint the entire room with a neutral color. This allows buyers to create their own “landscape” of how they would fill the room.
- Kitchen and Bathrooms. The most examined rooms in the house are the kitchen and the bathrooms. Make sure these rooms shine by removing all clutter, caulking around sinks and tubs, and cleaning all fixtures. Dripping faucets are easy to fix yourself.
- Prepare for a showing the same way you would prepare for friends coming over. Make the beds, pick up clothing, sweep and mop as needed. It should be easy for prospective buyers to move throughout the house, so if a room is overcrowded with furniture or clutter, consider moving extra pieces to storage to create a more open look and feel.
- Buyers will be interested in storage space in your house. Make sure your closets are clean and clutter-free. If you have clothes that you’re not wearing, consider moving these to a storage facility to make your closets look more spacious.
In today’s market, every impression counts! For more ways in which you can ensure sales success for your home, call us today! We’re here to help!